Arriving from Prague, every visitor of Dobříš will be fascinated by the rococo chateau
with a distinguished facade
Today´s face of the chateau dates from 1745-1765, when it was rebuilt by Jindřich Pavel Mannsfeld, whose daughter, Isabella, was married to Frantisek Gundarkar Colloredo. By means of the marriage, the noble line of Colloredo – Mannsfeld was established. The Collorado – Mannsfeld family had lived here until 1942, when the chateau was confiscated by the Germans and afterwards, in 1945, by Czechoslovak state. Since then, it had been used as “The House of Writers“.
In 1998, the chateau and the French and English parks were given back.
The current owner is Dipl. Ing. Jerome Colloredo-Mannsfeld from Austria. The chateau is open all year round for public, including the exhibition and the French Park. The display is run by the management of the Dobříš Chateau.
The chateau, being easily accessible, having a wide mirror hall (220 square meters), a well-kept French Park and accommodation options, is very attractive for visitors.